100+ Women Who Care of Grundy County
"100+ Women Who Care of Grundy County" is a Giving Circle. It's a pretty basic concept: Like a Stock Club, members get together, toss money into the kitty, make a group decision, and send the money out. Except with a Giving Circle, the money goes to charity.
Giving Circles can be formed by anyone with similar interests - women, men, youth, couples, companies...the possibilities are endless!
We are modeling this Giving Circle on "100 Who Care," a national movement with the premise that if one person gives $100 to charity, that's all well and good. But what if 100 people in a Giving Circle each give $100? That's $10,000 to charity, which is so much more impactful!!
"100+ Women Who Care of Grundy County" is housed at the Community Foundation of Grundy County, but the finer details of the Circle will be determined by the women who join. Your host, Joan Eslinger, is happy to brainstorm with you about your ideas for making this a Circle that meets the charitable goals of you and your fellow members.
Please join us at the Morris Chop Shop restaurant on Tuesday, September 10th, at 5:30 pm for an evening of cocktails, dinner, and grantmaking!
We are working on details, so please check back here in the near future!
On May 8th, 20 Women Who Care met for lunch at South 20 for fellowship and grantmaking!
After 3 slips were drawn at random for brief presentations, the women voted to give their collective $2,000 (20 women x $100 each) to Illinois Valley Industries!
100+ Women Who Care of Grundy County has voted to meet 4 times a year and to pitch in $100 each per gathering.
Your $100 can be:
- 1 women bringing $100 = one vote
- 2 friends each bringing $50 = sharing one vote
- 4 friends each bringing $25 = sharing one vote
How it works:
- RSVP to Devan at email@example.com or 815-941-0852
- When you arrive, you will take a slip of paper and write down your 3 favorite charities.
- You don't have to fill out a slip if you don't know the details of any charities - this is also meant to be a way to learn more about them!
- Please only pick charities that operate in Grundy County (the charity may be based elsewhere but the grant is only for their Grundy program).
- Those slips go into a basket.
- We pull 3 slips at random.
- If your slip is drawn, you have to stand up and in 2 minutes tell us why we should vote for 1 of your 3 charities (we ask you to pick 3 in case the person ahead of you has already told us about 1 of your 3).
- You are limited to 2 minutes.
- No more than 3 women will speak about their charity.
- After 3 women have told us about their favorite charity (1 each), the gathering votes ($100 per vote).
- The majority vote getter will receive a grant totaling the kitty collected that night.
- Your $100 can be cash or a check written to the Community Foundation of Grundy County.
- CFGC will deposit the money and write one check to the winning charity equaling the amount collected.
- Pose for a group photo!
- We adjourn until the next quarterly meeting.
- If you want a meal, please be prepared to purchase your own
- Always cash bar
- If you don't want a meal, you are very welcome to come for the official gathering, skipping the meal/cocktail hour - just bring your $100!
This group is a perfect fit for you if:
- You believe in giving back and want 100% of your donation to go directly to a charity
- You've been wanting to help but are not sure how to fit it into your busy schedule
- You believe in economy of scale
- You want to become part of creating a powerful, new group of women who will make an immediate, direct, and positive impact in Grundy County
All are welcome - men, neighbors, church, clubs, teens, couples!
You can run your own or ask us to be your administrators - there's no fee!
Please contact Devan to brainstorm: firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-941-0852